Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50

Thread: Best Frontman for a band...

  1. #21
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Frontman for a band...

    I just thought David Lee Roth as a "good" frontman was hilarious.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member triodevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2005
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Frontman for a band...

    To me, David Lee Roth was the embodiment of a frontman. Not that I'm a huge Van Halen fan by any means, but Roth had the charisma and command of an audience few could match. He wasn't known as a great singer, but he was in many ways what made Van Halen so appealing in those early years. Roth often eclipsed Eddie Van Halen, and given Eddie's talent, such an upstaging was no easy feat.

    Of coures, "good" is a subjective term, therefore the debate and exchange of ideas.
    You wanted the best, you got the best...

  3. #23
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Frontman for a band...

    I really dont care how energetic or charismatic a frontman is. If they can sing good and write good music then thats how I determine if they are a good frontman or not.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member triodevil's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2005
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Frontman for a band...

    Thus the point of subjectivity. How one defines "best frontman for a band" determines their answers. Given your response, I can see why one might pick David Gilmore if one agrees that he writes good songs and can sing--which is also subjective but I would agree with you in that sense. Likewise, there's no question that Roth was charismatic and energetic. On the other hand, if vocal ability were part of the my equation, Roth wouldn't make the list and neither would several others I've listed (Ozzy Osbourne) but then again neither would David Gilmore.
    You wanted the best, you got the best...

  5. #25
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Frontman for a band...

    Two guys that never even came close to reaching half of there potential imo...

    Brad Nowell and Curt Cobain
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Frontman for a band...

    maynard.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #27
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Best Frontman for a band...

    I really like metal best, but if you were looking for an image Johnny Cash tried about everything known to man before you could really get away with it. His is the first song in which I can recall anything like " I shot a man in Reno... ".

  8. #28
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Frontman for a band...

    http://www.cmt.com/music/studio_330_...formance.jhtml

    go watch that and your opinion of roth will change.

    IMO roth is right up there with david hasselhoff...

  9. #29
    Inactive Member imported_PioneerBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    1,120
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Frontman for a band...

    I don't care what he does now, back in the 80s Roth embodied everything that Rock and Roll frontman was supposed to be
    Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban

  10. #30
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Best Frontman for a band...

    roth is nowhere near the best frontman of the 80s...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •